Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 September 2012

Keeping up with a Kardashian.....

This is a Kim Kardashian related post, I don't think you'll see too many more of these on here!
This post was concieved when I was searching through some broken/unloved handbags and came across a very old tube of NARS Turkish Delight lipgloss.I originally purchased this in the early days of KUWTK. I had read in numerous places that this along with MAC Angel (Which I also purchased) was Kim K's go to lip colour. I don't know if I was under the illusion that I was ever going to look anything like her (early days that is) but I was damn well going to try and off I trounced to Selfridges.


What is it?
A pink, milky blue toned lipgloss.

What NARS say?
 Described as "Pink Sherbert" this gloss is said to be:
"Ultra-smooth, non-sticky, comfortable wear" 


What's in it? 
Vitamin E to keep lips soft.

How do you use it?
Turkish Delight comes with it a doe foot applicator. It can be worn alone or is commonly paired with MAC Angel.

What I think?
This as with all Nars glosses has a lovely consistency. Turkish delight is quite creamy and has quite pigmented. I get about 3 hours from one application. Sounds promising but personally, the colour on me personally is a major fail. I find this colour washes me out way too much (MAC NC30/35 for reference). This would be idealwith a tan or for those with a much darker skintone.It looks marginally better when paired with the Angel lipstick but that is also from a similar colour palette so again doesn't help. If you love these kind of shades I would urge you to try this because it is a gorgeous colour and I cannot bring myself to get rid of it. I would say don't be too generous with your application as it is very rich so has a tendency to gather between the lips.

The Lowdown:
Turkish Delight is avaliable from NARS priced at £17.50

For those of you who love the colour but feel that this is a little pricey, I did a little research and have found Dollface gloss  by Tarte which seems to be the closest match I could find. The link is to the website which is American.

What do you think of this gloss?


1 comment:

  1. It's a shame it washes you out, looks like such a cute colour!

    I still haven't tried any Nars glosses yet. I swatched a couple recently but I wasn't impressed at how the colours look out of the tube. The search continues!

    Lola | LolaStarHearts.com xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment